Banquet of Musick
The Early Music Group
Banquet of Musick was founded in 1994 to perform a wide range of music from the 17th and early 18th centuries using appropriate instruments and working where possible from original early editions or facsimiles.
Banquet of Musick has given more than one hundred concerts from Skye to the Borders, played at Camelot’s First Birthday Party in Syon House in London and has broadcast on Radio Scotland.
Banquet of Musick is based in Glasgow and now constitutes a pool of musicians with expertise in period instrument performance. Ensembles from two players to an orchestra of twenty or more players are available. Last Christmas an excellent period instrument orchestra came together for a performance of The Christmas Oratorio by J.S.Bach.
Banquet of Musick in concert at the Edinburgh Festival
Past Concerts have included:
- Three concerts Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2005
- ÒRAN MÓR Great Western Road Glasgow
- Kilmardinny House, Bearsden
- Duff House, Banff
- St Andrew's in the Square, Glasgow (many concerts)
- Ramshorn Theatre, Glasgow (for Strathclyde University)
- West Kilbride
- Edinburgh - Duddingston Kirk and St Michael's
- Dunblane Cathedral